Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekend of Cards & Crafts

Such a great weekend!   Started off with my friend, Karen, meeting me for dinner on Friday night.  Then back to my place for some card making fun. Karen used to own her own scrapbook store many years ago (how cool would that have been), and because of our recent card making craze she dug out some stuff from her storage locker to share with me.  Love that girl!!









Check out one of the cards I made.  This one is using a Sizzix card circle flip it die and some lovely light green cardstock. 

I used some All A Bloom Stampin Up designer paper to decorate and white cardstock for the sentiment.  Thank You by inkadinkado.

Can't show you the other card I made as its for my husbands birthday later this month.  You will have to wait till the day!!







Saturday was just as much fun!  I saw this great post on Facebook for making an inkpad holder out of cardstock.  Now as I am so new to this craft, I actually only have 6 ink pads.  I know....I know...give me time.  As much as I would love to have one of the Stampin Up colour caddy's, I just can't afford it at the moment....so using the instructions and video I found on Facebook...I made my own!!  What do you think????      


Then today, Sunday...my lovely hubby drove me into the city to Michael's, where I purchased my first embossing heat tool, some itty bitty punches and Stampendous! Birthday Wishes clear stamps. It's going to be a fun evening!!

Off to check out some challenges, and try out my new purchases.  

Cheers
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne! That is a clever ink pad holder, and sounds like a perfect fit for you ink pads. So pretty too! love that flip card..looks fun to make. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! That is a clever ink pad holder, and sounds like a perfect fit for you ink pads. So pretty too! love that flip card..looks fun to make. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete