Sunday, February 28, 2016

Launch Class

I had the best time last night!!    Ten, yes, TEN of my friends came over to celebrate the launch of my Stampin Up business.  A couple of ladies from work, a delightful 10 year old, both my son's girlfriends, a wonderful friend from my neighborhood who had moved away, her daughter, two of my tea bestie's and even a surprise guest.  

Because there wasn't enough room around my dinning room table, we dragged the kitchen table into the dinning room/living room and grabbed chairs from wherever we could, but it worked.  Alfie (my almost 14 year old toy poodle) wasn't sure what to make of it all but certainly enjoyed the attention.  Sasha, the cat....took off and hid.

I presented all my guests with a hand stamped and coloured bookmark as a thank you for attending...and then we dove straight into making a card. This one!


  
The ladies used the sweet little rose from the Birthday Blooms Clear Mount Stamp Set, stamping it in all directions across the base card front, using Basic Black Archival Stampin Pad.    They used Whisper White Card Stock for the base, cut in half at 4 1/4" and folded in half and scored at 5 1/2".   After tying a black piece of satin ribbon around the bottom of the card front, the next step was to adhere a piece of black cardstock to a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock which had been embossed with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.   The final piece of thick Whisper White Cardstock stamped with the rose and "for you" was popped up on some Stampin Dimensionals, after it had been coloured with Blushing Bride Marker and some Old Olive using the Blender Pen technique.  These are fast becoming my favourite Stampin Up item!!

The ladies added some "new" Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the rose and a tiny Rhinestone.  

If you would like to know the sizes of the laying pieces of card, please contact me and I will be happy to pass them on.   I will be sharing news about my upcoming Classes and Stamping Club shortly so keep checking the blog, or contact me for more details.

Cheers
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment