Monday, June 13, 2016

June Class Fun For All

This past Friday, it was my June Stampin Class.  Four ladies attended...three are becoming quite the regulars...and we made these cards using two of the new stamp sets.  "Sitting Here" and "Painter's Palette".




I have to say, I have fallen in love with the stamp set "Sitting Here".  It boasts 14 photopolymer stamps....featuring an old wooden swing, three different types of pillows, a cat, a dog curled up asleep, his basket, a little bird, grass, plant pot and four salutations.   Imagine how many great little scenes you could make with this.

I made up 4 variations myself, trying to decided which one I would use in my June Stampin Class. Here's a closer look at the one I chose.



I taught the ladies how to "mask".....giving the impression the plant pot was in front of the swing and a chance to work with either Aqua Painters, Blending Pens or Stampin Write Markers to colour the scene.   I used Crumb Cake card stock as the base, a layer of Old Olive card stock and stamped onto Whisper White Thick card stock.  


The other card the ladies worked on "Painter's Palette", features 9 stamps.  A great way to add a splash of colour to your cards. With birthday wishes or expressions of friendship, this is a really nice stamp set.  Here is a close up of the card.



I had so much fun using all the new "In-Colour" ink pads Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum.  Keeping the colour splashes to the bottom right hand side of the Whisper White card stock, with a piece of the new "Playful Palette Washi tape in a diagonal line from left to right.   Just out of interest, have any of you ever used Washi tape on any of your cards??   It's such a useful little tool.   

The easel was stamped on a scrap of white card stock, cut out and adhered with Stampin Dimensionals.   The card "topper" was then adhered to a piece of Sweet Sugarplum card stock with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue and mounted onto the white card base, again using Stampin Dimensionals.

Such a great class....we chatted, crafted, had a cuppa and crafted some more.  My ladies all went home with a new catalogue, AND a little gift from me.....




A wish list pad to keep track of their favourite products, plus a bookmark of the 5 new In-Colour inks and cardstock.   A fun night.....hope you can make the next one??

Cheers
Anne





No comments:

Post a Comment