Sunday, August 7, 2016

Happy Birthday Son

Saturday was my eldest son's 27th birthday....I can't believe that saucepan banging, big smiling, running, jumping little rascal is 27 already!!  Where has the time gone?  Of course, I have not aged at all in all that time....maybe a few more grey hairs, but having two boys...what do you expect??

We took Andrew out for dinner at his favourite place...and this was the card I gave him.



Saucepan banging you say?   Yes, as a little un, my son would drag all my pots and pans out of the kitchen cupboards, and start banging away with the wooden spoons.  Broke plenty of my spoons too.  At 15 he surprised his Dad and I by playing the drums at a friends house, really well!!   So we bought him a set of drums for his 16th birthday.

He joined a local band called Fire and Neon with two young friends, and they entered into the Live 88 "Big Money Shot" competition in 2011...winning $30,000 and gaining many fans.  There disco style music was certainly fun to listen to, but as with so many bands....the boys moved on, getting married having kids and moving cities.  Andrew continued to write his own music, then joined "Zoo Legacy" as their drummer.  

Still writing music, under his own name of FTRSL (Future Soul) Andrew is about to move towards his musical dream.  Working with a record label out of Boston, USA, Bonfire Records have just released his first single off an EP set for release later this year.  Check it out here. 
   
https://soundcloud.com/ftrsl/heartbreak-prod-by-bears-owls-1

You can also check out his Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/ftrsl/?pnref=story to keep up to date on his latest news.  

Anyway...no doubt you can tell I am one proud Mama..but back to my card.  If you would like to know what I used to make it, check out the product list below.
By clicking on any of the small product pictures, it will take you directly to my online store if you are interested in purchasing anything.  Remember to use the Hostess Code in the top right hand corner to receive a thank you gift from me.



Product List


If you would like to know how to make colourful cards, please see the tab above CLASSES AND EVENTS for the next Class and Club dates - August events are now posted!! Or contact me at baashunt@gmail.com if you would like to book your own Workshop, hosted right here in my Kemptville home.  No cleaning up and dishes for you!!  Just invite your friends over and bring a snack....YOU get all the hostess benefits and rewards.  Your friends get to "Make and Take" home a card and have some fun. It's a win, win!!

Have a great week.

Cheers
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment