Friday, August 12, 2016

July Thank You Cards


For my July customer Thank You cards, I wanted to try something different.  Many of my fellow Stampin Up Demonstrators were doing this of late....making their own DSP (Designer Series Paper).   I fancied having a go.   Using the stamp set Garden in Bloom, and various colours of ink....I stamped a piece of 8 1'2" x 11" white card stock.  





It was so relaxing, stamping randomly all over a clean crisp piece of card stock.  



Once I was finished, and happy with the colour combo, I used my paper trimmer to cut up the card stock into eight smaller pieces.



No real exact measurement, just something that would fit nicely on a Stampin Up notecard.  I love the notecards, they are such good value and the perfect size for many projects.



Each square of my DSP was then layered onto a piece of matching coloured card stock 1/8" larger and adhered to the notecard.   


I positioned the layered piece down and decorated with a sweet little Thanks sentiment using my oval punch and scalloped edge oval punch (sadly now both retired).    I really enjoyed making my own DSP and have some great ideas for other stamp sets and card layouts.  

If you would like to know what I used to make these cards...check out the product list below.  Click on any of the little pictures to go directly to my website to order.  When you order online, don't forget to use the Hostess Code located in the top right hand corner of my blog to receive a thank you gift from me.


Product List


If you would like to know how to make colourful cards, please see the tab above CLASSES AND EVENTS for the next Class and Club dates - August events are now posted plus the new Specialty Workshop - Tin Of Cards!! 

Or contact me at baashunt@gmail.com if you would like to book your own Workshop, hosted right here in my Kemptville home.  No cleaning up and dishes for you!!  Just invite your friends over and bring a snack....YOU get all the hostess benefits and rewards.  Your friends get to "Make and Take" home a card and have some fun. It's a win, win!!

Have a great weekend.
Cheers
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment