Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesdays Treat

Good morning...and do I have a treat for you today! 

A month ago, I decided it was time to loose a bit of weight and get back into shape. So I joined Weight Watchers. It was not my first time on this merry-go-round, but I heard they had a new program and a sale...so why not try again. I am happy to report, after five weeks, I have lost 6.8 lbs.  

Similar to the points plus program they had before, we still give food a point value, now called Smart Points, to track our daily intake.  The smart points are measured using calories, protein, sugar and fat.  Veggies and fruit are zero points. I get to use 30 points a day. 

I want to share with you, some of the great recipes, snacks and treats I am enjoying and how many points they are worth.  Today I am sharing a recipe I made on the weekend for our house warming do.  It's called:

Quick Vegetarian Chili


Ingredients

1 tsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
14 1/2 oz stewed tomato(es)
15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz canned yellow corn, drained
15 oz canned tomato sauce

1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp low fat shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions


  • Heat oil in a large, nonstick, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, onion and pepper; stir well.
  • Increase heat to high and bring chili to a boil; cook, stirring frequently, until chili is thick and flavours are concentrated, about 5 minutes. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese.  It serves 4 people, and a 1/4 serving is worth 7 points for those of us counting.  Enjoy!!
Cheers
Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment